Tuesday, November 16, 2010

MICHIGAN MY MICHIGAN

We’re home! It’s a beautiful Michigan morning and Oleo Acres (the cheaper spread) never looked better (my parents mowed and weeded)! It was great driving home by way of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We stopped early along the shores of Lake Michigan and relaxed on the last night of our trip. We enjoyed the cool breeze and a refreshing dip in the lake and had pasties for dinner. We knew when we got home we would have to hit the ground running. We have so much to do before the cold weather sets in. 

It was a very hot ride across the U.P. We would travel in the early morning hours because the compressor on the motor home was giving us trouble. We couldn’t run the air conditioner because it made a horrible noise and Dick didn’t want to put any more stress on the compressor. Fortunately, we made it home without breaking down. 
The trip was interesting in more ways than one. People have asked what were the hi-lights. For me it was the people we met and the time we spent with friends and family. Also, visiting the National Parks and enjoying the natural beauty of our country. 
What have I learned from this nine months on the road? I’ve realized that I need to even out my time away and time home. I’m not a full-time RVer. I would be just fine with a few months away in the winter and a couple of months in the summer.
We missed our Michigan friends and family and want to catch up with you. Give us a call or email and we’ll plan a time to get together, or stop in if you're passing by. It’s good to be back.
P.S. We also missed our dogs - we're back in the dog-sitting business.

1 comment:

Randy said...

I read this with great interest because I served in the US Army with a Mike Lent who owned a place in Michigan he named "Oleo Acres". If there is a relationship to Mike and this article please e-mail me at porder@bellsouth.net.

Randy Pointer