Tuesday, September 1, 2009

ON THE MOVE--WE HOPE!




Once I cross the Mighty Mac and start heading west on Hwy 2, I am born again. It almost didn’t happen this time. After a month of readying the motorhome and getting techno road abled with a laptop and DC powered printer, so we could take the book business anywhere, things went south fast the night before we were leaving. Gaila was working at Munson Urgent Care when she started having chest pains. They were not sure she was going to make it to her 59th birthday, just hours away. They gave her an EKG, a chest and abdominal X-ray, blood pressure monitoring and a check of all her vitals. After checking her vitals they discovered her problem was vittles. I could have saved her a ton of money. I had just told her that morning that she was full of shit. But she wanted a professional opinion I guess. Now she is on constipation meds and I will be looking for RV dumping stations all the way to Seattle. Keep Smilin’, Dick E. Bird  

7 comments:

Magda said...

Dad. Seriously. If her intestines are as full of shit as you are, she really is doomed. Hope you two are having an amazing time. I wish I could have been there to enjoy the Lake Michigan view.

Unknown said...

Dick and Gayla, have a great time, we miss you already:) Colleen and Rob

Unknown said...

Colleen really knows your name is spelled Gaila---- she was just rattled by all the intestinal descriptions !
Looking forward to your next entry.

Rob

Unknown said...

Really..Therese says:

Happy to hear all is well now, Gaila and cat.

This is sure going to be easier for you to maintain contact with all of us who are stuck at home.
You don't have to spend a fortune on copying charges and postage as you did on the initial "Grand Travel".
The West is best! I am jealous. We may have to take the train West again to visit our Susy in CA.
I will miss you at the Wednesday matinee...if another good one comes along.

Cheez Dick...did you really have to be so graphic? Am I to believe any of it?

Enjoy your grand adventure!

Nancy Vogl said...

I wanna come!!! I'm so insanely jealous of you two, but happy I can live vicariously through your blog. Maybe Dave and I will be doing the same thing one day and I'll be the writer on the road. Love ya both...

Nancy Vogl said...

Me again...well, shoot! I didn't know my Google name was Single Parents Soul (the name of my Chicken Soup book). I'll get that changed pronto! Nancy (VOGL)

Unknown said...

Geez, I wish I'd read this early on. Gaila, I'll have to share my T. Auer cure, something akin to prune paste. Tina